The Little Club with a Big Heart
Our team had the pleasure of meeting the wonderful folk at Mount Helena Junior Football Club (JFC) towards the end of 2021. As a local club in a small community, they were struggling with membership and were keen to focus on inclusion to ensure they were representative of their community.
Through our mentoring process, our team worked alongside the Mount Helena JFC committee, to get to know their club and support them to thrive as a strong and inclusive club in the community. Through regular communication, sharing of ideas, resources and advice over the past few months the club is now kicking goals – literally.
- The launch of an inclusive football program for children with disability
- 1 in 4 of their junior program members are now children with a disability
- An improved relationship with their Local Government and other groups in the area
- A doubling of club membership (families are travelling to be a part of the club!)
- An increase in volunteerism by 300%
- An increase in sponsorship and grants by 300%
- Recipient of the WA Football Participation Certificate of Excellence Award
- Mount Helena JFC Club President took out their districts Volunteer of the Year award
- Plus, they were invited to participate in the AFL Purple Hands Foundation Optus Stadium Half Time game.